Saturday, January 30, 2010

Media Myths Quiz—The Answers

.
Media Myths DeMystified

Dear Smarties:

I know you are eager to see the actual answers to the Media Myths Quiz you took as a warm-up for this class. I haven’t had time to get to Teddy TV to talk about the quiz in, er, “person,” but I wanted to get you the answers and a little commentary so you can relieve your consternation and suspect over, say, whether Americans have more TVs or toilets in their homes... (!).

Click here to find the answers to the Myths Quiz on AskDrTed. Any comments or surprise or whatever, please post in the comments box on this page.

Dr. Ted
.

1 comment:

  1. I was SHOCKED by many of these answers, especially by the first 2. I am disgusted to think that there are people out there who could actually sit in front of the televison for 3,518 hours in one year; almost 5 months. It is insane. I think about all the things I could do and places I could go in 5 months and am amazed that some people could spend that amount of time in front of the television.
    The answer to question 2 also surprised me. I cannot believe that people would sit there 1 year olds in front of the television for 6 hours a week. This is such an important time for their development, they should be spending it running around outside, and playing with blocks, not watching t.v. shows. Besides that, I don't think I know any 1 year olds who would tolerate being in front of the t.v. for that long. I have a one year old nephew, and I think he would last for a half hour at the very most watching the t.v. then he would be bored and wanting to play.
    It is very sad how much we have let television and movies control our lives.

    ReplyDelete